Friday, August 15, 2008

Visitors From La-La Land

You gotta love old hippie singers. It seems to me that whenever God decides to grant someone musical or artistic talent, he throws something else in their psyche a little bit "off", just to make it fair. I'm not one to question the Maker, but it really makes it difficult for me to enjoy some of their genuinely good music when they can't keep their mouths shut about stuff outside of their own little fantasy land.

Apparently Jackson Brown joined the rest of us in the real world (well, Los Angeles, anyway) just long enough to sue John McCain for using one of his songs in a commercial. That's very mature. "I don't like you, so you can't play my song! Nanner-nanner-nanner!" I thought these people were supposed to be the champions of tolerance and freedom of expression?

Oh, right. That's only for people who agree with them.

No comments: