Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2008 Phelps Games

I've really enjoyed the olympics this time around. I didn't think I would. Most of the 'sports' are incredibly lame when you think about it, but for some reason I just can't stop watching women's handball and the hardcore jocks of China's badminton program. I fully intended to do my best to ignore the games this time around - partly because of the Chi-Coms, but also because the olympic committee seems intent on eliminating all sports that American athletes dominate.

But every night when we go off to bed, I lay there trying to read my book in peace, and all I can hear in the background is Bob Costas humping Michael Phelps' leg. I'm pretty sure NBC has filed a petition to rename our nation's capital after the guy - just so they can keep saying his name after the games are over. It's no wonder NBC are seriously worried about their ratings now that Phelps is done dominating the pool. Track and field will take the spotlight now, but the Americans can't keep up with the Jamaicans - no one can. There must be something in the weed...er, water...down there.

No comments: