Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Superlambananas!...?


For those of you who have been longing for serious expressions of artistic genious...I give you a Liverpool original - Superlambananas!

I've been a fan of Liverpool Football Club for several years now, and I've become pretty much obsessed with English Premier League football. The internet and new media have made it so easy for me to follow my team, even though they play across the Atlantic, and I spend a fair amount of time learning about the unique culture of the residents of Merseyside.

The Scouse are a unique lot, and the city of Liverpool has been named the European Capital of Culture for 2008. Apparently, superlambananas like the one bearing the likeness of LFC manager Rafa Benitez above, have become quite popular in Liverpool.


No comments: