Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break

After a nice relaxing time on the island, it's back to work this week. It'd been a year since I last visited the beaches of Amelia Island, and I'd forgotten how much I liked it. My beach trips usually consist of as much reading as possible, as I don't seem to get much chance to read any other time. This trip I decided to tackle something I've wanted to read for a long time: Augustine's Confessions.

I wanted to take it slow, and absorb as much as possible from this ancient text, and I can honestly say that it has been an excellent use of vacation time. I got through the first 5 books during the week we were there, and am working my way through the rest now. This is a work that every Christian should read at some time in their lives. I hope to post some of my thoughts on each book in the coming weeks.

No comments: